推荐:预防流感最简单的方法(注:偶家没人卖洋葱)
In 1919. When the flu killed 40 million people, there was this doctor
that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the
flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many
died.
The doctor came upon this one farmer, and to his surprise, everyone was
very healthy.
這位医生來到一農民家庭。出乎预料,這家的每一個人都非常健康。
When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the
wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the
rooms of the home (probably only two rooms back then).
The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home.
故事的核心是,買一些洋葱吧,把它們擺放在你的家裡的果盤裡。
If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office, or under your
desk, or even on top somewhere.
如果你是坐辦公室的,在你的辦公室裡,或者辦公桌下面,或者在櫃子頂部放置幾颗洋葱吧。
Try it and see what happens.
試試看, 效果怎麼樣。
We did it last year, and we never got the flu.
我們去年做了,没有人得流感。
If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better.
如果這樣做, 可以帮助你和你所愛的人不感冒,那就太好了。
If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case.
如果你仍然得了感冒,也許, 會是比較輕微的症状。
Whatever, what have you to lose?
不管结果如何,你又會有什麼损失呢?
Just a few bucks on onions!
除了幾顆洋葱之外!
Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who
regularly contributes material to me on health issues.
下面是後續。我把這個信息, 送给奥而良的朋友,她經常给我一些健康方面的建議。
She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:
她回復, 說了關於洋葱的親身實驗:
I don't know about the farmer’s story, but I do know
that I contracted pneumonia, and needless to say I was very ill.
我不知道, 那個農民的故事,但是我知道我得了肺炎。無需說,我病得不輕。
I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion, put
one end on a fork, and then place the forked end into an empty jar,
placing the jar next to the sick patient at night.
我讀到一篇文章,建議把洋葱的两頭切掉,插在叉子上,然後把叉子放在花瓶裡,晚上放在病人身旁。
It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs.
據說, 洋葱會因為病菌, 而在次日清晨變黑。
Sure enough, it happened just like that.
果然,事情跟說的完全一樣。
The onion was a mess, and I began to feel better.
洋葱看起來糟透了,但我却開始好起來。
Another thing I read in the article was that onions
and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years
ago.
那篇文章, 還談到放在屋子裡的洋葱和大蒜, 在多年前的黑死病中, 救了很多人的命。
They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.